Human Resource Dissertation Topics & Ideas from Expert Writers
Human Resource management (HRM, or simply HR) is the process of recruitment, selection of employee, providing proper induction, orientation and handling grievances within the company. HR is primarily concerned with the management of people inside the organizations, focusing on policies and systems. Human Resource Management is the fundamental resource for building or constructing anything. Behind every successful management, there is a team of astute human mind and efforts of human resources.
Under every HRM course, writing assignments on human resource concept is an important exercise for the HRM students. Writing a human resource management assignment is certainly not an easy task, and that is why, It is highly beneficial to take assistance from the expert writers from the field of HRM. “Instant Assignment Help” is solely devoted to delivering authentic and reliable Human Resource writing services including top quality dissertations by our specialist team of highly qualified writers.
Below mentioned are the suggested topics and useful examples of Human Resource Management (HR) Dissertation:
Training & Development HRM Dissertation Topics
Training and development is a function of human resource management that is concerned with organizational activity aimed at enhancing and improving the performance of individuals and employees working in a corporate system.
Below stated are some proposals to make your Human resource management dissertation interesting and engaging if you’re looking to work specifically on Training & Development segment.
- The use of training and development as useful tools for enhancing the performance of the employees?
- What skills are needed for today’s turbulent climate?
- Does training and development really impact the bottom line?
- Who provide the training to train others?
- Soft versus hard skills.
- Is training a solution of all problems?
- Soft skills, who needs them?
- Where now, post-disaster survival?
- Can poor selection processes be solved through training and development?
Performance Management HRM Dissertation Examples
Performance Management is a continuous process by which managers and employees work together to plan, monitor and review an employee’s work to meet the organizational goals & objectives. Under this segment, writing an assignment could be very intriguing.
Below are the suggestions of HRM dissertation topics under performance Management subject.
- Is performance management effective to meet organizational goals?
- Can skills be increased through performance management system?
- Do individuals have control over their reward?
- Reviewing and reacting on results.
- Is it possible to manage every employee performance by performance management techniques?
- Can wages be capped through performance management?
- Job satisfaction & performance appraisals.
Appraisal HRM Dissertation Topics
Every organization becomes successful by it’s hard working and unflagging efforts of employees. The performance appraisal is the process of assessing and evaluating every employee performance on the job by comparing current performance with the already set standards and targets.
Below are few Dissertation Topics to make your writing assignment on human resource management captivating and gripping.
- Can subjectivity be removed?
- Is it fair? A comparison between same level employees.
- Can I have a pay rise?
- Are Appraisals honest?
- Are the 360-degree assessments valid?
- Public sector appraisals and the spinal pay reward.
- Investigating the efficacy of performance evaluations from the outlook of employees.
Motivation HRM Dissertation Topics
Motivation is one of the most important concepts in HRM. It is required to gain the best performance from the employee when a particular employee is not motivated and hence not providing significant results. This is the reason companies spend exorbitant amounts of money in arranging training sessions for the employees to motivate them and earn higher productivity.
If you want to explore this subject and eager to discuss motivation in your HRM writing assignment, here are some topics for you to get started.
- Does motivated workforce increase productivity?
- HR and motivation.
- Behavioral inflexibility.
- Motivation versus total reward.
- Motivation and job satisfaction.
- Cross organization comparison, who gets it right?
- HRM is a motivator.
- A link between motivation and performance.
- Employee motivation & performance.
- The impact of motivation programs on employees performance.
A reputable assignment writing service
Strategic HRM Dissertation Topics
Strategic human resource management is an outlook to manage human resources that support long-term business goals and results with a strategic framework. A human resource management dissertation on Strategic HR brings some excellent topics for you to write.
- Does HR sit and fit on the board?
- Future planning or firefighting?
- Future planning or justifying role?
- Can HR be strategic?
- A resource based view assessment of Strategic human resources quality management systems.
- Is HR driving the organization.
- Operations or planning the HR function?
- To establish the significance of the relationship between organizational performance and strategic human resource management.
Organizational culture HRM Dissertation Topics
The culture is significant and important to an organization and its workforce. It is a system of shared values, beliefs, rules and regulations which governs the behavior of the employees. A particular culture followed in a company gives a strong influence on the dressing and working style of an employee.
If you are interested in discussing culture as your HRM dissertation, some topics are suggested below.
- Recruiting to change the culture.
- Placing values in the organization.
- Culture is the organization.
- Cross-Cultural human resource management.
- Inducting new employees into the culture.
- Recruiting to change the culture.
- Managing cultural change.
- Training and culture.
Diversity HRM Dissertation Topics
Diversity management is an important research area of human resource management that brings challenges and learning to employees. In every organization, the workforce belongs to different cultural areas, educational backgrounds, religion, age, gender and to value and respect every individual can lead to a successful organization.
Some intriguing topics for your diversity human resource management dissertation are suggested below:
- Can discrimination be eliminated?
- Differences discrimination and diversity.
- Running the new workforce.
- Cross-national diversity.
- Managing diversity and cultural differences.
- Training managers for diversity.
- Investigate the challenges of inequality.
- Managing diversity in the public sector.
Human Resource Theory Dissertation Topics
There are two kinds of approaches to Human resource (HR), and the HR theory framework takes both the soft and hard versions of HRM. The soft approach includes addressing and taking care of employees concerns and their expectations. The hard approach considers evaluating the efficacy of HRM policies and processes and giving less emphasis to workers needs and preferences.
The following are some suggestions within the area of Human Resources (HR) Theory that you could base your human resources management dissertation on.
- Prepare a comparative analysis of different human resources theory approaches.
- The role of human resource policies in the success of an organization.
- The black side of Human Resource.
- HR versus Taylorism.
- The role of HR as a shared service.
- Part of HR behind the closed doors.
- Investigate the trade unions place in the organization.
Looking for a DBA or PhD in business and management? Find out which fields of business research present most opportunities, according to course leaders.
In the words of Dr Valérie Sabatier, deputy director of the Doctoral School at Grenoble Ecole de Management in France, “What we knew several years ago doesn’t work anymore. We need new research and new models.”
Globalization, technological change, environmental concerns, social and political upheaval, the financial crisis of the end of last decade, and rising business school enrolments are all driving demand for business PhDs and DBAs across a spectrum of diverse, though interconnected topics. Here, course leaders identify five of the most in-demand areas of business research.
1. Managing technology & innovation
“Management of innovation and technology is of particular importance right now,” says Sabatier. “Questions about R&D, strategy and business models, and innovation are very important both from a theoretical and managerial point of view.”
What’s driving demand? Rapid and continuing change. “The world has changed so much and is evolving so quickly with new questions emerging all the time,” Sabatier says. Gillian Symon, director of PhD programs at the School of Management, Royal Holloway, University of London, adds: “The continuing rapid developments in social technologies that have revolutionized marketing, communications and organizational relationships make these topics vital.”
2. Resources management & sustainable development
Energy management, water management, and sustainable development are all identified among “the great ‘macro’ themes of the century” by Alessandro Binachi, DBA program thesis and research coordinator at European University’s Business School in Spain.
What’s driving demand? Quite simply, as Binachi says, “without solving [these issues] in the short term, life on Earth may become seriously jeopardized, or at least unpredictably complex.”
3. Social entrepreneurship
Recent years have seen a growth in the number of MBAs in social entrepreneurship – and there are also opportunities in this field for PhD and DBA candidates. “Social entrepreneurship, business models for developing countries, but also frugal innovations are hot topics,” Sabatier says.
What’s driving demand? Social, economic and attitudinal change. Research in this field focuses on “how to create value for society, as well as value for profits and returns,” says Sabatier.
4. Corporate responsibility, ethics & accountability
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) has similarly been a ‘hot’ topic for some time now, but the course leaders say it remains a key priority for research. Binachi identifies ethical issues among the most pressing topics for business research today, while Symon says ‘Sustainability, responsibility and ethics’ is one of the six areas of research excellence being prioritized at Royal Holloway.
What’s driving demand? The impact of the financial crisis of 2008 onwards is still very much being felt, Symon says, meaning corporate responsibility, accountability and “assessing fair value accounting” remain very much at the top of the research agenda.
5. Accounting & finance
Finally, accounting and finance remain high-demand areas. As well as highlighting the link between accounting and accountability, Symon also predicts growing demand for models of accounting for intangible assets.
What’s driving demand? In addition to the broader pressures of social and economic change, increased enrolments in higher level business school programs. “With the boom in professional education, there are not enough professors at PhD level to teach in business schools,” Sabatier says. As a result, academics in the fields of accounting and finance - particularly corporate finance and markets - are in high demand, for both research and teaching positions.
Of course these are by no means the only areas of opportunity. Symon also mentions war and global security and global labor standards as fields of business research likely to see growth, while Sabatier mentions healthcare in addition to the fields already covered.
Meanwhile Binachi emphasizes that beyond these overriding themes, each region and industry presents its own specific priorities and challenges. Finally, he points out that many of the concerns that kept business leaders awake a century or more ago remain just as pertinent and pressing today – including productivity, labor problems, cost containment and new products development.