Nonprofit correspondence samples
See sample cover letters and thank-you notes that are appropriate to send to nonprofit employers.
Make contact with these nonprofit cover letter samples.
Need examples for how to correspond with a contact in the nonprofit sector? Check out these sample cover letters and sample interview thank-you notes (in PDF format) from Jobs and Careers with Non-Profit Organizations by Ron and Caryl Krannich.
And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a cover letter and resume that can get you noticed by nonprofit organizations.
Are you looking for a job at a nonprofit? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five versions of your resume and cover letter. Recruiters search Monster every day looking to fill the top openings at nonprofit organizations with excellent candidates just like you.
CFO Cover Letter
CFOs or Chief Financial Officers oversee financial operations in a company and help increase its revenue levels. Typical job duties of a CFO include developing financial strategies, supporting organization objectives, developing compensation strategies, studying economic trends, making financial forecasts, evaluating financial performance, determining return on investment, generating financial reports, and advising senior management. As part of their effort to update professional knowledge, CFOs need to complete regular training, read professional publications, and join professional organizations.
A successful CFO example cover letter should emphasize the following abilities:
- Financial and strategy planning
- Budgeting skills
- The ability to handle complex information
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Analytical thinking
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of financial software
- Detail orientation and accuracy
A cover letter sample displaying similar CFO qualifications and experience is presented below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive CFO Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Barclay:
As a seasoned executive with more than 22 years of experience in corporate financial analysis and management, I am well prepared to provide immediate and long-standing results for Ransonbam Studios. With this in mind, I invite you to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill the Chief Financial Officer role.
My experience lies in driving teams through the development and implementation of strategic financial procedures and systems while establishing effective operational processes to drive business success and control costs. My demonstrated ability to supervise corporate financial responsibilities—along with my talent in training and directing staff to achieve increased efficiency—positions me to make a significant and positive impact on your organization.
Highlights of my expertise include the following:
- Spearheading financial and accounting management—including financial analyses, accounting, due diligence, strategic business planning, forecasting, reporting, budget analysis, and risk management—to accelerate overall business success.
- Excelling in various executive-level financial leadership capacities for multiple companies, continually revamping and improving processes, staff, and internal systems to achieve dynamic results.
- Possessing expertise in international financial guidelines and policies, Sarbanes-Oxley and US GAAP regulations, and inter-company billing procedures.
- Developing and instituting financial policies and procedures that improve cash flow and realize high-impact savings.
- Demonstrating superior presentation, team motivation, and communication skills; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential.
- Possessing Big 4, military, and government contracting experience.
With my experience in corporate financial direction and team leadership, combined with my exceptional analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your organization. I look forward to discussing the position with you in detail.
Robin J. Gilliam