Writing a LITERARY ESSAY, here's the skeleton, help me please? Let me know if i'm on the right track, or changes i need to make.
Thesis: Although a life of adventure is appealing to Eveline she is imobilized by the fear of the unknown.
Arg. 1: -mother's death traumatizing = leave to feel something other than pain / look after sibling like mother = leave as to not repeat mother's life or routine
Arg. 2: -has all she needs at home & never wanted to leave = sheltered lifestyle / leave Dubliin = on her own & forget all she's known for something comepletely new / Frank = bad influence "drown her" , lost in the new world, won't make it
Arg. 3: -her "right to happiness" motivates her to leave (franks love = happy) / father doesn't like Frank (Eve. alway pleases others, never does anything for herself) / leaving with him will bring unkown consequences = scares Eve.
In conclusion i want to talk about how water is a sign of rejuvination but Eve. sees it as her "death" and the difference between Dublin and Buenos Aires (small town vs. big city), those are kind of what the unkown are made up of in Eve.'s head.
Help? Feedback, recommendations, anything, please help.
Thanks, Lots of Love <3
+ All James Joyce Eveline Essays:
- The Story of James Rhio O'Connor
- Comparison between Nella Larsen's 'Passing' and James Mcbride's 'The Color of Water'
- James Franco, Renaissance Man
- Ray Bradbury’s There Will Come Soft Rains and James Tiptree Jr.'s The Last Flight of Dr. Ain
- Michael Jordan vs. Lebron James
- Narrative Style and Structure of James and the Giant Peach
- Frances E. W. Harper and James Whitfield
- Exemplifictions of Realism in Henry James' Daisy Miller: A Study
- James Joyce's Araby - Loss of Innocence in Araby
- James. Son of Zebedee
- Tillie Olsen's I Stand Here Ironing and James Baldwin’s Sonny's Blues
- Tone and Word Choice in A Glass of Beer by James Stephen
- James Joyce's The Dead
- Comparing James Joyce's Araby and Ernest Hemingway's A Clean, Well-Lighted Place
- The Presidency of James Madison
- Character Analysis of Winterborne in Henry James' 'Daisy Miller'
- Siblings' Relationship in James Baldwin's Sonny's Blues
- A Blessing James Wright
- A Pioneer of Expressionism, James Ensor
- The Chapter of Circe in James Joyce's Ulysses
- James Baldwin'S "Sonny's Blues"
- Lebron James and Kobe Bryant
- How Far Was James Successful in Dealing with the Problems Presented by Puritanism in 1611-1625?
- James Longstreet Is a Book About a Striking Man Who Played a Big Role in the Civil War, by Melanie LeTourneau
- The Transition from Childhood to Adulthood in Joyce Carol Oates' Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
- James Joyce's Dubliners: Two Gallants
- A Nineteenth Century Ghost Story in The Turn of The Screw by Henry James
- James Bond, Die Another Day and Johnny English
- The Failure of James Buchanan
- Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been by Joyce Carol Oates
- Biography of LeBron James
- Expansionism Under James K. Polk
- Joyce Carol Oates' Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
- The Reconstruction: A Documentary History of the South after the War by James P. Shenton
- Suffering and Surviving in James Baldwin's Sonny's Blues
- James Joyce's Araby - Setting in Araby
- Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis and James Baldwin's Sonny's Blues
- James Joyce's Dubliners - Adolescent Initiation Portrayed in Araby
- The Theme of Escape in James Joyce’s Dubliners
- James Baldwin's Go Tell It On the Mountain and Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones
- James Joyce's Ulysses - Balancing Information in Ithaca
- James I and William Shakespeare's Macbeth
- Biography of James Brown
- Comparing Faulkner's Light in August and James' Portrait of a Lady
- Interpretation of Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been? by Joyce Carol Oates
- Summury of: Building Your Company`S Vision by James C. Collins and Jerry I. Porras
- Literacy, Discourse, and Linguistics: Introduction by James Paul Gee
- Captain James Cook
- A Comparison of Susan Hill's The Woman in Black and M.R. James' Oh, Whistle, and I'll Come to You, My Lad
- James Baldwin's Sonny's Blues
- Comparing James and Jung's Perspectives on Religious Experience
- Black Theology & Black Power According to James H. Cone
- Lies My Teacher Told Me by James W. Loewen
- The Devil in Joyce Carol Oates' Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
- Dr. James Banks on Multicultural Education
- Acceptance of Loss in Eveline and Hills Like White Elephants
- The Evolution of Music in Black Music in America by James Haskins
- The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
- James Cameron: Avatar
- Lost Property by James Maloney
- Midterm 2 Essays James Pham
- Analysis of "The Sea"by James Reeves
- The Power of Music in James Baldwin's Sonny's Blues
- The Impact of James Baldwin's Writing on the Civil Rights Movement
- Themes Discussed in Joyce Oates' Where Are You Going , Where Have You Been
- Winter in the Blood by James Welch
- James Baldwin's Story Sonny's Blues
- James T. Russell and the Invention of the Compact Disc
- Sonny's Blues by James Baldwin
- Joyce Carol Oates' Where Are You Going? Where Have You Been?
- Arnold Friend Symbolizes the Devil in Where are you Going, Where Have you been? by Joyce Carol Oates
- Flann O'Brien, Dickens and Joyce: Form, Identity and Colonial Influences
- Turn Of The Screw By Henry James
- James Madison