First Grade Homework Worksheets
Use these first grade homework worksheets for extra practice with sight words. Our reproducibles are fun for students to complete and easy to do at home.
The directions on these pages are simple, and no extra information is needed from the classroom. A parent or family helper can simply read the instructions to their child and then watch the learning and fun begin!
Don't miss the important tips in the yellow box below.
On this engaging page, the student strings together letters to form sight words. Then he uses the words he makes to complete sentences at the bottom of the page.
Download the printable version.
Hidden Color Words
On this page, the student must find a color word hidden inside a group of letters. He will write the letter twice, and also use that color to shade the crayon. This first grade worksheet gives lots of valuable repetition, while connecting words and ideas.
Download the printable version.
Tips on Using First Grade Homework Worksheets
1. Make sure worksheets can be successfully completed without any extra resources and instructions.
2. Assign worksheets that reinforce important skills you're teaching in the classroom. It's okay to give fun pages; just make sure that pages aren't "busy work."
3. Don't overdo it! Just give 1-2 worksheets at a time, and not every day of the week.
4. Expect students to bring their completed pages back to school in a timely manner. Make it clear when the paper is due back on your desk. Write that date on the page, if possible.
5. Reinforce responsible behavior with a sticker, words of praise, or some other recognition.
More First Grade Worksheets
You'll find lots of other pages on our site that are suitable for first grade homework worksheets. Here are just a few examples:
First grade phonics worksheets - 5 free printables provide practice with simple short vowel words.
Start the Picture and Winter Fun - 2 worksheets for first grade practice with beginning consonants and consonant blends
Be sure to check out our collection of Fun Spelling Worksheets for grades 1 and 2.
You'll find lots of all-newpages, not on the website, to help boost your first and second graders' spelling and phonics skills!
Number word practice - 3 printable worksheets to reinforce spelling and simple addition and subtraction facts. The fun twists I've added will make your kids want to finish each page correctly. Paw Print Addition, "Bear"-y Good Subtraction and more!
Word Scrambles - 2 worksheets with sets of familiar words to boost kids' vocabulary and spelling skills
Home › Worksheets preK-Gr2 › String Things & Hidden Color Words
[Home] [Preschool] [Kindergarten] [Grade One] [Grade Two] [Grade Three] [Grade Four] [Grade Five]
KidZone Grade 1 Worksheets
contributed by Leanne Guenther
Alphabet Recognition and Printing Practice:
- Dynamic grade one math worksheets - use this section to generate an unlimited supply of hundreds charts, 10s charts, greater than/less than problems, addition and subtraction worksheets for your kids to practice with.
- Dynamic grade one word problems
- Math Worksheets
- Penguins Lesson Plan: Printable worksheets for use with Children's Books plus a list of fiction and non-fiction book recommendations for doing a penguin or polar animals unit.
- EXPERIMENT: Catch a Rainbow
- EXPERIMENT: Colored Carnations
- EXPERIMENT: How Do Seeds Grow?
- SCIENCE FACTS: Autumn Leaves
- SCIENCE FACTS: The Color Wheel
- SCIENCE FACTS: The Water Cycle
Lesson Plans - viewer contributions
Welcome to Grade One (Kindergarten Review)
** All sections include free printable worksheets.